- Feeder Cattle including: steers, heifers, young feeder bulls (no breeding bulls), and cows that are fed in dry lot.
- Minimum loan amount $5,000.00.
- Maximum loan amount up to $250,000.00 per yard.
- Loans exceeding the maximum amount may be available upon joint approval by Foothills Livestock Co-Op and our money lender.
- $200.00 lifetime non-refundable membership fee.
- Loan term is 365 days.
- $12.00 per head administration charges.
- One time set up fee of $125.00 (Security Agreement will be registered at Personal Property Registry).
- No early payout penalties.
- All financed cattle carry the Foothills Livestock Co-Op Brand
- Floating - CIBC Prime Rate plus 1/2%
- A 10% pooled security deposit is required.
- All feeder cattle are required to be branded with Foothills Livestock Co-Op Brand.
- All private treaty sales require a certified brand inspection payable by the Member prior to branding with the Foothills Livestock Co-Op brand.
Group Protection Plan
- Mandatory Full Protection Mortality.
- Premium is 1% of loan.
- Deductible will apply
- The Member can purchase at Auction Marts or Private Treaty (private treaty purchases require a Certified Brand Inspection payable by the member).
Sale of Cattle
- Feeder cattle are to be manifested to Foothills Livestock Co-Op on account of the member.
- Notice should be given to Foothills Livestock Co-op prior to selling cattle.
- Profit may be given throughout an open contract with approval based on the average price of the animals on contract.
- If cattle are being fed in a custom feedlot, the member signs a Feedlot Agreement Waiver with the feedlot owner. The form can be obtained from the Foothills Livestock Co-Op office.